To set up your vendor account on ShopCloseBuy, please email the following information to email@example.com. Fields that are bolded are required for us to set up the account. Please note that you will be able to edit this information yourself once we set up your Vendor account.
Basic Info and Your Vendor Page
- Vendor Name
- Vendor Logo - This will appear at the top left side of your vendor page on the site. If you do not have a logo, you can add any image to that area. If you add no image, it will be a blank space. The maximum file size is 5 MB.
- Optional Top Image - This will appear across the top of your vendor page on the site. It can be used to distinguish your page from others on the site. This image has a maximum size of 1280px by 250px and 5MB. See https://demo.shopclosebuy.ca/index.cfm?Vendor=3 as an example. Please create a banner that is 1280px by 250px, or provide us with 1 or 2 suitable images that are those dimensions or larger, and we will create one for you. Landscape images rather than portrait will fit the space best.
- Vendor Description - This will appear at the top of your vendor page (below the top image if you choose to have one) to tell users about your business. Please be descriptive as this will affect the search engine optimization for your page. The maximum number of characters for this description is 650.
Contact and Social Media Info
Include information about your business so users can get in touch with you. If you have a website or social media pages, provide the links here. This information will appear below your Vendor Description and on each of your item detail pages in the “About the Vendor” section.
- Full Address
- Street address
- Postal Code
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- Website (www.mysite.com) - A link to your site will appear below your Vendor Description
- Facebook URL - An icon will link to your Facebook page
- Twitter URL - An icon will link to your Twitter page
- Instagram URL - An icon will link to your Instagram page
Notifications and Item Questions
- The following information will affect how ShopCloseBuy will notify you of orders or questions directed to your page.
- Notification Email - You will receive email notifications when a user purchases one of your Buy Now or Pre-Order items. Please provide the email address these notifications should go to.
- Question Email - If a user has a question about one of your items, what email address should it be sent to?
Default Fulfillment, Payment, Tax and PDF Details
The following information are the defaults that will appear on the item details page or on the claim certificate a user receives after purchasing an item. New items listings will be pre-populated with this information but can be changed for individual items if need be.
- Default Payment Details - How the buyer will pay for the items. (e.g. “A valid credit card is required to purchase this item. This credit card will be automatically processed to at checkout.”)
- Default Tax Details - Information about whether the item is taxable or not, and that the tax amount will be charged. (e.g.”This item is taxable. Sales tax is charged based on the buyer’s place of residence (e.g.13% if you reside in Ontario)”)
- Default Fulfillment Details - How the buyer will get the items they have purchased (e.g. “Once payment has been processed, a downloadable certificate will be available in the "My Account" section of the site with instructions on how to redeem your certificate for the item. Options include picking up at the warehouse or arranging for shipping at an additional cost. If you would like to determine the shipping cost in advance, please contact us at 705-555-5555”).
- Default PDF Details - The description that appears on the order certificate after a purchase is made. Usually includes details on how the user will receive their item. (e.g. For pick ups: please come to our warehouse between the hours of 9 am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Our address is: 555 Highland Street, Haliburton, Ontario K0M 1S0. For deliveries: please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org)